SEM SEO Expert
Even though it has been around since late 90s, SEM (on Google, Yahoo and MSN/Bing) has grown in popularity in the recent years due to the measurability and high return on investment. Web Analytics can work as an eye for an SEM, SEO and SMO expert.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a type of Internet marketing that SEM experts undertake to promote a website on search engines result pages (SERPS) and their properties. Search Engine Marketing could refer to search engine optimization, Pay per click (PPC) advertising, and/or paid inclusion. However, SEM is mostly known as the practice of pay per click ad management.
- PPC Advertising mostly refers to a kind of advertising through search engines in which you pay per click as opposed to pay per impression.
- Search Engine Optimization, SEO, is the process of optimizing your website undertaken by SEO Experts so that it gets a high ranking for your targeted key phrases.
- Web Analytics is the concept of measuring website performance and analyzing how visitors interact with a site. Web Analytics applications can help companies improve their sites to improve their ROI, customer satisfaction and website usability.
In order to successfully run SEM (SEO and PPC) campaigns, search engine marketing experts / specialists need to know how people find a web site and how they interact with it once they arrive there. SEM experts / consultants create KPIs (key performance indicators) that help them measure the success of different SEM campaigns utilizing their Web Analytics applications.
- Social Media Optimization is the practice of generating awareness through social media and web communities. The focus is on driving qualified traffic from a diverse set of social networks to augment SEO and SEM initiatives.